Monday, August 15, 2011

One Hot Mama

Well, if you've made it here from my previous blog, Domestic Goddess, which was a chronicle of my first pregnancy and the resulting birth and baby, welcome! I decided to open a new blog, since I am no longer pregnant, and since I will now forever be a Mama, so it seemed more fitting to have a Hot Mama blog. Because I am, I'm determined to be. Hot, that is. While also being a mom. It was something I had decided on long before having any kids, and something that was reinforced as I sifted through scores of diaper bag websites and noticed how frumpy and awful most of them seemed. Not I, vowed the fly! I would never carry a hideous diaper bag, never sacrifice fashion for functionality -- this isn't the style-starved 80's, a time in which my mother proudly wore her maternity mu-mu while pregnant with me. No, no! This is the age of Motherhood Maternity, of Pea in the Pod, of Coach diaper bags and celebrities flaunting their bumps all over Hollywood Blvd. Yes, I was ready to join that crowd, and join it, I have. Exhibit A -- my chic Timi&Leslie diaper bag, black patent leather with lots of bronze hardware.

On a deeper level though, Hot Mom-ness is oh-so-much-more than just buying designer crap. As much as I love my stuff, that's really just me indulging myself. Hot Mama-hood is all about how you think, and it's something I see in many of my newly made Mom friends. It's a chic state of mind, it's knowing that you can be a spectacular mother without giving up the fabulous dame you have always been. It is knowing that there's nothing selfish about wanting to keep yourself together and presentable just because you have a baby -- what, giving birth means you have to stop caring about makeup, or hair, or shoes, or whatever your personal poison is? Why does looking hot preclude being maternal? I refuse to accept it. Stand with me, mommies!

So, meet me here for discussions on Hot Mama-hood and all that it entails. I will take you along with me as I figure out how to be the best mom I can, all while retaining my style and my attitude, and getting my figure back in fighting form. Any time I come across fantastically hot mama products I will pass them along for all to love. Hopefully we can get some good discussions going, too. 

We'll end with a pic of the baby, Miss Violet Elizabeth Jane. She is teething, and loves chewing on her hands and fingers!

2 comments:

  1. hi violet! we hope to meet you someday. i'm here from the mommy group, though i have yet to attend any of the meetups. rowan arrived to the world in january, and while i feel more or less normal (ha! that's not true at all!), i'm still waitin' for that feeling of hotness. looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, it will come back! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete