Tuesday, August 2, 2016

We've Gone Public!

(originally posted on Blogging For Two on July 7, 2014)

With all the exciting things that have been happening with the realization that Baby #2 is on the way to our household, I'd forgotten all about the blog I wrote while I was pregnant with Baby #1 (now known as Miss Violet Jane).

It wasn't until SIL reminded me about it that I decided to jump into it again, especially now that we've made it known to everyone outside the family (Facebook Declared!). 

Here are the important statics so far:

Due date: Jan 9
Currently: 13wks
Gender: still officially unknown

Unofficially, however, there seems to be a good chance that this baby is a boy. We had an ultrasound last week as part of routine genetic screening tests, and the ultrasound technician and I both noticed at the same time that there was very obviously something sticking up from between the legs that was not the cord, or an arm, or a leg. It's early to be able to see that at what was 12.5 weeks, so we're not calling it yet, but the indications are strong.

When I got home that day, I thought, oh nice, this means I can get rid of all the girly stuff that I've been hanging on to just in case. And then I immediately got sad about it. Sort of a big deal to part with all my first baby's baby stuff. I may have to hang onto a few things that I like the best.

Looks like it's going to be another baby season, too, as at least two of my besties are also expecting, all within a month or two of each other. I cannot reveal their names at this time, but one of them is Leti, (hehe, she's already told everyone) who was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and thought she could fool all the other gals (who were already moms at least once) when she was bursting into tears for no reason and complaining about having itchy boobs. Everyone's first response was, are you pregnant? Psh. Like you can hide that from Mama's eagle eyes.

So far things are going well. Less morning sickness this time which is saving my life, and the nausea is already starting to fade.

Here's the official weekly update from BabyCenter, with a handy illustration.

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head -- which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (about the size of a pea pod) and weighs nearly an ounce. As you start your second trimester, most of your baby's critical development will be completed and your odds of miscarriage drop considerably.





No comments:

Post a Comment